Main office located inside
Full Spectrum Health:

2106 Bispham Rd

Sarasota, FL 34231

Phone: (941) 952-1200

Fax: (941) 929-1200

BRIGHT BODY NUTRITION

The Brain Wave Center:

1440 Main St #101

Sarasota, FL 34236

Phone: (941) 993-8481

© 2018 Bright Body Nutrition

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White Pinterest Icon
  • White Instagram Icon

My Approach

My Approach: The Flexitarian Lifestyle

What is Flexitarianism?

Flexitarianism is an easy-to-follow style of eating that encourages more plant-based foods while allowing meat now and then. Unlike vegan and vegetarian diets, the flexitarian diet does not completely restrict any food group. This makes it ideal for people who wish to cut back on their meat intake without giving it up entirely.

The focus of the Flexitarian Lifestyle is to…
 

  • Eat more fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds, and whole grains.

  • Allow animal products from time to time.

  • Eat the unprocessed, whole form of foods as often as possible.

  • Limit added sugars & refined oils.

Most importantly, it allows people to make sustainable changes that don’t feel restrictive.
This view of “progress, not perfection” has the potential to make major personal health
and environmental health waves.

 

Why Follow a Flexitarian Lifestyle?

When it comes to nutrition, I believe in 3 main truths:
 

        Truth #1: We would do well to eat less meat – for our own health, and the health of the environment.

        Truth #2: Eating more plants improves ALL health conditions because they’re full of nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber                                  (AKA the stuff that keeps us healthy).

        Truth #3: Restrictive diets rarely work LONG-TERM. Restriction is not sustainable. Flexibility makes room for life-                                            long healthy habits.

 

These truths also happen to be the cornerstones of the flexitarian lifestyle. In a recent poll by OnePoll, 52% of Americans are trying to eat less meat to improve their health & to be eco-friendlier. However, not all wish to be completely vegetarian or vegan. A flexitarian lifestyle encourages people to fill their plates with plant-based foods most of the time, while still allowing the flexibility to enjoy a grass-fed burger on the weekend. It’s the 80/20 rule. Make good decisions 80% of the time; have some fun with the other 20%.

  • Lowering inflammation

  • Improving digestion

  • General wellness

  • Weight loss

  • Lowering cholesterol/blood pressure

  • Improving diabetes

Health Benefits of Flexitarianism

 

The U.S. News Best Diets 2019 recently ranked the Flexitarian Diet in the top 3 Best Diets Overall, Best Weight-Loss Diets, Best Diabetes Diets, and Easiest Diets to Follow.

A flexitarian diet is ideal for

 

 

 

Many of the health benefits that come from
following a flexitarian diet are due to the
ease of weight loss it affords.

 

Most plant foods are naturally low in calories
but high in fiber, which helps us feel full.
Feeling full and satisfied are the most
important components to sticking to
a weight loss plan long-term.


If you're ready to learn how to fuel yourself properly

so your weight loss & health journey is enjoyable, 

apply for nutrition counseling at the link below.

I'll give you the tools & support to reach your
ideal weight & feel great in your body through
a flexitarian diet.